Nordic Center for Sustainable Healthcare (NCSH) is an intersectoral arena for stakeholders, organizations, projects and expert knowledge in the sector of sustainable healthcare. NCSH is an umbrella organization for existing companies, projects and competence. Our ambition is that the NCSH shall generate collaboration and ideas, and gather actors from the healthcare sector.
Our well-established network creates value and growth opportunities for our partners and members.
The Nordic countries have a solid knowledge base and advanced technologies with improved environmental performance. Within the NCSH, these assets shall be used more actively in the healthcare sector, which in its turn shall generate economic value for healthcare from the increased income from taxes.
Healthcare innovations with advanced environmental performance and academic research from relevant fields shall be tested in the healthcare sector, commercialized and used to create jobs.
The NCSH shall help the healthcare sector and its suppliers of technologies and products too reduce their environmental impacts, while the Nordic export and employment situation in healthcare will increase. As a result, the Nordic countries’ reputation as the leading region in terms of sustainable healthcare will be further strengthened.
- Our vision is to become a global leader in sustainable healthcare
together with our members and partners -
Some examples of the sustainability challenges in healthcare we want to address:
- Energy efficiency in healthcare- and hospital buildings
- Hazardous substances in medical devices
- Transportation in healthcare
- Climate impact from healthcare operations
- Supply chain management and human rights in the supply chain
- Reduction of dangerous chemicals
- Improving the sustainability performance from Med Tech and Life Science
- Waste water treatment and water management
- Single-use items
- Green building design
- Pharmaceuticals in the environment
- Waste management and waste reduction
- Infectious waste treatment
Sustainable Healthcare is horizontal, not vertical.
Sustainable Healthcare is cross-sectorial and not assigned to specific industry sectors such as CleanTech. On the other hand a certain percentage of companies in almost all industrial sectors have sustainable healthcare solutions as the model below is showing.
2017-11-09 14:00 - 15:00
Member event: MVA : ANNUAL MEETING 2017 – HEALTH, WEALTH AND WORLDCLASS
2017-11-20 - 2017-11-22
Member event: EuHPN workshop
Our office is located in Malmö, but the NCSH spans Northern Europe and Scandinavia.
Сontact us if you want to learn more about the NCSH:
Nordic Center for
211 38 Malmö
Tel: +46 (0)40-606 55 80